As the owner of a healthcare practice, you wear a dizzying number of “hats” (functions) and sometimes you may feel a bit bounced around and stressed by the end of your workday.
Your main duties as the CEO of your practice (besides being the healthcare provider) are: leader, boss, coach, manager and executive.
Here are some dictionary definitions:
• a person who leads; directing, commanding or guiding head, as of a group or activity.
• a person in authority over employees, as an employer, a manager, or a foreman.
• an instructor or trainer; the person who is in overall charge of a team and the strategy in games.
• one who manages a business, etc.; one who manages affairs or expenditures, etc.
• One who holds a position of administrative or managerial responsibility in an organization.
To sum it up:
- You are the goal setter.
- You are the director.
- You are the analyzer.
- You produce leaders.
- You have courage.
- You are persuasive.
- You follow through on actions.
- You think in new combinations.
- You never doubt you will succeed.
- You know what you want and go after it.
- You focus on your future success.
- You are frank, forthright and honest.
- You can change your mind.
- You believe things will turn out well.
- You always strive to do better.
- You think about others’ needs.
- You are patient with others.
Call us at 416-466-6217 for a FREE Practice Assessment!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art Of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.