Video Marketing has crept into our lives and taken over as one of the prime methods of attracting people to your practice. It has become especially important in your social media strategy for reaching potential new patients. This is a trend that we can’t ignore as a valid avenue to make yourself known. Per a research company, more than 50% of the population prefers video to other types of content.
Why is this important? Well, #1 … you want to find new patients, right? #2 … you obviously have to put yourself in a place they can find you. It’s kind of like the old days when you paid to be in the yellow pages because that was where someone would look to find a healthcare professional. Now, the bulk of the population goes online and Googles to find the nearest one. And, best of all, you can see what the practitioner and the team look like, what the office looks like, what the “flavour” of the practice is, and even watch a one minute video of the practitioner saying why he or she chose to do what they do.
TIPS FOR VIDEOS
- Use your smartphone if you have a good one that can shoot in high-quality, 4K video. The key is that the video is simple and authentic. This apparently impacts potential patients more than a professionally done video. Therefore, making your video can be extremely cost-effective. Of course, make sure your sound is good (no background noise or distractions), the lighting is good and bright, and so on. You may need someone to help you with the editing software.
- There are many options for videos such as meet the team videos, customer stories videos, event videos, expert interviews, educational videos, live videos for a behind-the-scenes look at your practice, 360° & Virtual Reality videos, and personalized messages.
- There are a series of steps to go through to arrive at a finished product: Planning the Video, scripting, setting up the camera and lighting and sound, fix yourself up or whoever you are videoing so your hair and clothing look good, shoot the video, edit the video, choose your music, and put it all together and then put it in the place you want it to be seen (website, email promo, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- By the way, the front page of your website is an excellent spot to have the live video of the practitioner or a behind the scenes look at your practice.
- Practice a lot before shooting the final version of the video. It costs nothing but time and you want to look professional and comfortable.
Anyway, there are some tips. Have fun and you can always send a copy our way to enjoy!