In computer terminology, you can “refresh” a page on your computer by clicking a button and it will update the page with the latest information available to it.
This got me to thinking that sometimes I would like to click a button in myself and refresh my image or my skills or my knowledge on a specific topic, and so on. Wouldn’t it be fun if it were that easy … just a click?
However, easy or not, we need to continue to grow, expand and improve in all areas of our lives or we get stuck in a rut and stagnate, and the dwindling spiral of awareness and aliveness begins.
A “SELF” INVENTORY
Have you ever sat down with yourself and made a list of things you would like to improve in yourself this week, month or year? I am NOT suggesting that you introvert and put yourself down! Quite the contrary. Here are some examples:
- Look at what technical courses you should do to keep your professional skills topped up?
- What courses would help you give your patients or clients better service?
- What communication skills would help you run the team better?
- What change could you make to your scheduling so that your appointments stay on time?
- What systems could you put in place so that getting ready for work in the morning could be more efficient and more relaxing?
- How could you work into your weekly schedule 2 hours of executive time for planning and handling admin etc. without coming in at night?
Figuring these things out and tackling them one at a time will give you growth and a sense of accomplishment. You’ll feel better about yourself because of the improvements and this will be reflected in all areas of your life.
Management skills need refreshing? WE CAN HELP!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.