Having looked at thousands of healthcare websites and fliers, etc. over the years, we have found that a vast majority listed out (usually on the front page) all the types of services they offer at their clinic.
According to the most successful marketing people, this is a big no-no. For starters, the average patient or client doesn’t necessarily know what all the terms you use actually mean. That alone could cause them to tune out and drift off – possibly to another website. But, that aside, what SHOULD you be having instead of a list of services?
Benefits, benefits, benefits!
At a recent Marketing Conference we hosted, the answer was made abundantly clear: list the benefits a patient or client will receive in your practice. The best way to find out what these are is to survey your best patients or clients (don’t ask patients you are not particularly keen on). A few sample questions you could ask are:
- What made you choose our practice over other options?
- What would you say is the best part about our service?
- What would you tell a friend or family member or co-worker to get them to come to our practice?
You might get answers that surprise you (or maybe not).
We did this survey ourselves on our clients who attended the conference, and here are some of the reasons why they chose us and what they would tell others:
- We reduce stress through organizing the practice
- The quality of our consulting and knowledge of their business
- The accessibility of our consultants
- The flexibility of our course schedules
- The feeling that they are going to get fixed, run better and be happier
- Our reputation – testimonials on the website and reference calls
- We empower our clients to make management changes themselves
- We give them to the tools to manage their practice on their own
- The Return on Investment is amazing – huge increase in income.
First, decide who is the best person to ask the questions. Write them down with space after each question to write the answer in. Have one sheet per patient. Whoever is doing the asking, have them be sure to write down the answer as accurately as possible (not an interpretation of what the patient or client says).
When you have done about 50 of these, sit down with the sheets and write out the most common answers. These are then the benefits that will attract other patients to your practice. Here are some “typical” answers but you may find your patients or clients have a lot more to say:
- Ease of getting appointments
- You run on time
- Caring doctor and staff
- The doctor really takes time to explain things to me
These can then be used on your website. “What our patients say about us:”
Try this out and see what you come up with. If you want, email us and we’ll help you work out how to make the results work on your promo and website.
Have fun with this. It’s heartwarming too, by the way to hear what your patients or clients have to say about you.
Call for a free Practice Analysis to find out how we can help you!
Call 416-466-6217 or click here
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art Of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.