Usually you choose a profession or a job because you have an interest or even a love for the type of results that you can achieve. When you do what you love, your odds of success are much greater. You have more passion, more energy and more fun. You look forward to Monday Mornings. Your days fly by. You make steady progress.
Work enjoyment is contagious. The people around you get along better. They follow your example and get more done.
The Parts You Hate:
Every job and every profession includes distasteful aspects – the complicated, boring, dirty or difficult parts of the job. Yet conquering these difficulties, and enjoying your job anyway, is how you succeed.
Five Steps to Getting More Enjoyment from Your Work:
- List what you like about your work. What makes it worth doing?
- List what you dislike about your work.
- List your purposes for your work. Why do you do this work?
- Review and add items to the above 3 lists until you feel happier about it all.
- If the 4 steps above do not help you find happiness in your job, you obviously need to make some changes. Change a negative attitude. Learn to accept help. Stop cutting corners. Change directions. Change the people in your environment that are negative.
Great idea: Hire us as a personal trainer for your practice to coach you into new approaches and systems that put the fun back into practicing. Do our management courses to get trained on how to manage a practice spectacularly. 1,300 Canadian healthcare professionals have achieved success through the use of our practice management help.
Take your foot off the brakes and accelerate!
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR FREE
PRACTICE ANALYSIS 416-466-6217
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.