Like money or nuclear power, control can be used for good or evil. You can use it to harm, suppress or destroy lives. Or you can use it to help people, increase your own income and improve the world around you.
10 Signs You Are Not in Control of Your Work
- Easily fatigued or exhausted
- Work area is messy and disorganized
- Job is not interesting
- Easily stressed
- Need constant help
- See no way to improve performance
- Easily confused by others while on the job
- Frequently think of quitting
- Frantically react to emergencies
- You cannot conceive of greater productivity
10 Signs You Are in Control of Your Work
- Energized and motivated
- Work area is neat and organized
- Work is interesting and enjoyable
- Feel challenged, not stressed
- Effectively supervise self
- Constantly looking for ways to improve
- Rarely confused while on the job
- Frequently thinking of more responsibility
- Rationally respond to emergencies
- Have good ideas for increasing productivity
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being in full control, how well do you control your job? Your home life? Your possessions? Your personal habits? Your success?
- Make a list of all your duties, responsibilities and areas of your life.
- Rate your control of each on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Work out a plan to take a little more control of each.
When you are in control, you make progress, enjoy your work and achieve success.
Have fun with this!
WE CAN HELP YOU IMPROVE CONTROL OF YOUR PRACTICE! FOR MORE INFORMATION,
CALL US 416-466-6217!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.