Many of our clients who own practices have asked us whether they should have a website. The answer is a resounding YES!
The information highway (internet) has become “the place to go” to find almost anything you want to know. With 90% of the general public surfing the internet these days, it has become important to be visible on this “virtual highway.”
As an example, when I moved far away from my previous doctor, I went on the internet to find a new one in my area. Five names came up, and only one had a website. Guess which one got the business? Seeing or knowing something about a practice before choosing or going to it for the first time is way better than “going in blind.”
A Few Tips:
1. If you are investing in your practice to build a specific image, you want to make sure that your website reflects it. I met with a dentist who gets 90% of her extremely busy aesthetic dentistry practice through her beautiful website.
2. Include on your website a page with FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and their answers.
3. Put in links to website that have articles you feel will be helpful to patients and provide them with more information on various procedures, etc.
4. Include short video clips from different parts of the practice so it’s like a tour of the practice. Make sure they are not “heavy” and slow to come up. Your designer can take care of that.
5. Make sure your patients all know about your website and can use it to refer their friends, family, neighbours and co-workers to.
Call us at 416-466-6217
for a FREE Practice Assessment!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.