Having worked with many hundreds of Canadian healthcare professionals for 18 years, we’ve observed that most of them do a fairly decent job of hiring the right staff but they THINK they haven’t – simply because they’re not coaching them into the winning team.
To help your team achieve DREAM TEAM STATUS, here are 10 suggestions:
- Put YOUR practice goals in writing and communicate them to your staff.
- Set specific, written POLICY for your practice and have staff read and implement it.
- Now you need some written, executable PLANS to achieve those goals, and get the plans being done.
- A weekly staff meeting to review stats and set up game plans and targets.
- Daily morning conferences help coordinate the various aspects of the practice for the day as a team.
- Acknowledge your staff! Thank your team players for being there and doing their jobs effectively.
- When and how to correct a staff member is a touchy topic, but keep in mind that all good staff want to know what you want improved. Correct them in private, not in front of others.
- Staff incentive plans are an accepted method of acknowledging productivity and, if well designed, will enhance the viability of the practice.
- Lead by example. Be positive about how the practice is doing; present the staff with a positive plan of action or get their input on one.
- Give your orders clearly and in writing and keep a copy for yourself to follow up on at a specified time.
Of course, there are hundreds of other points to becoming the world’s best boss, but start with the above.
Call us at 416-466-6217
for a FREE Practice Assessment!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to The Art of Management Inc. and a clickable link back to this page.